Repeat Prescriptions HOTS & Guestling
To order your Repeat Prescriptions please use one of the options below:
- By Hand – drop your repeat slip in at reception or fill out a 'Repeat Prescription Request' form which is available at reception. Please make sure that the items you require are clearly marked.
- Online – click on the 'Online Services' at the top of this page and submit through our secure online form (no registration necessary) or alternatively register for 'Patient Access' at the surgery and then you can use the Online tab at the top of the page.
- By Post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Prescriptions can take 48hrs (2 working days) from the time of request to being processed.
- Guestling Surgery now require 72hrs turn around for all medication requests
Please note that from the 1st March 2019 you will no longer be able to request Repeat Prescriptions by email
TO AVOID MISTAKES STAFF ARE UNDER STRICT INSTRUCTIONS NOT TO ACCEPT REQUESTS OVER THE TELEPHONE
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Guestling Surgery is now 72hrs for prescriptions
If you are asking for any changes to your usual request, eg: dose/quantity change, acute items, etc, all of these queries have to be passed on to your registered doctor for them to action. This may add time to your request being processed so please be aware of this.
Prescriptions are now sent electronically (EPS) so if you have not yet nominated a pharmacy we would encourage you to do so as soon as possible. Eventually, there will be no paper prescriptions produced. If you have nominated a pharmacy for EPS then your prescription will get there quicker than if it is printed. Please try not to change your nominated pharmacy as this can cause problems and delays in your prescription being processed.
Please allow sufficient time if you are going on holiday to order your repeat items. The Out of Hours service should not be used to obtain repeat prescriptions, it is there for emergencies only.