Repeat Prescriptions HOTS & Guestling
GUESTLING DISPENSING PATIENTS - please only use the below options (email/post/fax/by hand) as Online ordering is not currently available for your surgery.
Patients on long-term medication who are eligible for repeat prescriptions can place orders in a number of ways:
- By Fax – to 01424 452821 (HOTS) 01424 814957 (Guestling)
- By Post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By Hand – drop your repeat slip in at reception with the required items clearly marked.
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page and carry out a simple registration OR submit through our secure online form (no registration necessary)
- By E-mail - HRCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org // HRCCG.email@example.com (for dispensing patients only)
- Prescriptions take 48hrs (2 working days) from the time of request to be processed
Please note the email address is strictly for repeat prescriptions only and no action will be taken in respect of any other request that may be included in an email.
We can also forward prescriptions to a local chemist.
TO AVOID MISTAKES STAFF ARE UNDER STRICT INSTRUCTIONS NOT TO ACCEPT REQUESTS OVER THE TELEPHONE
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
If you are asking for any changes to your usual request, eg: dose/quantity change, acute items, etc, all of these queries have to be passed on to your registered doctor for them to action. This may add time to your request being processed so please be aware of this.
Prescriptions are now sent electronically (EPS) so if you have not yet nominated a pharmacy we would encourage you to do so as soon as possible. Eventually there will be no paper prescriptions produced. If you have nominated a pharmacy for EPS then your prescription will get there quicker than if it is printed. Please try not to change your nominated pharmacy as this can cause problems and delays in your prescription being processed.
Please allow sufficient time if you are going on holiday to order your repeat items. The Out of Hours service should not be used to obtain repeat prescriptions, it is there for emergencies only.